Time : 7:30-9:30pm (Fridays)
Dates: October 12, 19, 26 | November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Location: 3501 Peel Street, Montreal (Main Floor)
Course Description: This intermediate drawing class is designed for the student who already has a grasp of basic drawing techniques and skills. During these sessions, the student will develop
these skills further through various exercises such as working with oil pastels, graphite
and drawing with an eraser as we investigate landscape, portrait and life drawing.
About the Instructor: Geneviève Sideleau lives and works in Montreal, where she earned her MFA from Concordia University. She has exhibited in Montreal, Ottawa, Northwest Territories, Boston, South Korea, and Serbia with an interdisciplinary practice involving painting, drawing, object-based work and installation. She has an interest in current affairs, human rights and women’s issues as well as a concern for the suffering of our needy; homeless, abused, neglected, aging, and mentally ill. Sideleau is an art instructor working in several art centers in Montreal and also volunteers her time to give creative classes to the elderly in the West Island. You can find her work in private and public collections across Canada, United States and abroad as well as at Seven Below Gallery in Ottawa.
Required Materials: Check out Omer De Serres or Michael’s!
* Sketchbook ( acid free paper, larger is better no smaller than 11" x 14")
* Oil pastels (does not need to be expensive but the more colors the better)
* Set of H and B graphite pencils (or you can pick a few 9B, 6B, 3B, HB, 3H, 6H, 9H)
* 3 compressed charcoal in stick form (not in pencil form)
* Scissor or exacto knife
* 1 Artgum eraser,1 kneaded eraser and one white regular eraser
* Q-tips, Kleenex, paper towels for blending
* 1 plastic tablecloth (dollar store) (no crazy colors…a neutral color is less distracting)
Suggested Materials: Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty!
Required Knowledge: This course is suitable for individuals that have prior experience with drawing.REGISTER